iTunes/iPhoto - File sharing with non-users

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey there,

I'm currently a PC user but planning to do the switch very soon...

Anyway, I've got an issue about the iLife apps that bothers me a lot... I really like iTunes (and I believe I'll like the rest of them the same) and I put a lot of effort into organizing my music library (ratings, playlists etc.). The problem is, that when a friend of mine sees some an iTunes playlist that he loves, I have no easy way of copying him that playlist (besides burning him a CD).

Although I haven't tried iPhoto - it seems to me that the problem there would only be tougher... I would organize my library with ratings and everything... and create albums that display only photos with rating > 3. Now after putting all this effort, I want to share these photos with my family mates. How can I sent them the photos in the "organized mode"? (just those with rating > 3 for example)

Would it be any easier on the Mac? (Please don't answer me "get a .mac account and put up a web gallery"...)

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    So you want an easy way to share the files? I assume you will be using a USB stick or external drive for that?

The solution in that case is: Drag-and-drop. Open your iTunes or iPhoto album, type CMD+a (select all), click and drag to external drive. Done.

Oh, that should work the same in iTunes for windows!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lirandlirand Posts: 174member
    You're THE MAN!!!!

I didn't know this was possible... I feel a bit silly now

Do you know if it works the same in iPhoto?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lirand View Post

Hey there,

I'm currently a PC user but planning to do the switch very soon...

Anyway, I've got an issue about the iLife apps that bothers me a lot... I really like iTunes (and I believe I'll like the rest of them the same) and I put a lot of effort into organizing my music library (ratings, playlists etc.). The problem is, that when a friend of mine sees some an iTunes playlist that he loves, I have no easy way of copying him that playlist (besides burning him a CD).

Although I haven't tried iPhoto - it seems to me that the problem there would only be tougher... I would organize my library with ratings and everything... and create albums that display only photos with rating > 3. Now after putting all this effort, I want to share these photos with my family mates. How can I sent them the photos in the "organized mode"? (just those with rating > 3 for example)

Would it be any easier on the Mac? (Please don't answer me "get a .mac account and put up a web gallery"...)

Thanks.

You can also export to a CD or a DVD via iDVD. iPhoto also makes it easy to have pictures sent away for printing, make book, or print them yourself. I'd suggest going to visit an Apple store and play around with the programs. It would just be a matter of you searching for the pictures you want and than doing something with them.