so i think i know which new imac i'm going for

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
so i think it makes sense for me to go for the standard 24" 2.4ghz configuration. the reasons being are;
  • i'm fairly sure i can get it for about ¥15,000 ($120) discount from a non-apple retailer

• i have an external raid case with 750gb in total, which is expandable and makes up for only 320gb internal

• 2.8ghz would be nice... but considering i would have to order it from apple and wouldn't be able to get a discount, it seems an unjustifiable extravagance

my main uses will be;
  • FAIRLY heavy music production on logic

• general internet

• movies/music/entertainment

• some gaming. mostly retro-gaming, although i might be keen to indulge in some more modern titles through bootcamp

i also have a 2.0ghz macbook which was a very lucky exchange for the 12" powerbook i had until april. this wasn't my original plan but i did some skillful trading and got the macbook for almost no cash down. the macbook is a decent machine and having it gives me some pause about getting another machine... but it was my original plan to get a big screen desktop

does this all sound sensible? any thoughts/opinions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    is my logic so sound no-one can think of any way to comment?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post

is my logic so sound no-one can think of any way to comment?

Yes.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    haha :/

i think my discount might be hanging in the balance though... it might have to be full price with store points at a different place. tonight is research time
  • Reply 4 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Yup... can't argue with your Logic (heh... pun unintended)... Sounds sweet, don't forget teh 4GB RAM w0000t