Developing themes for iWeb 08

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello,

I kind of gave up XHTML/CSS/PHP/Javascript and Wordpress to get back to the bases and use iWeb. Now I guess it's kind of hard for me to completely stop webdesign stuff...

So I'd be willing to help develop iWeb 08-compatible themes and I was wondering if you've heard about a place that gathers such theme developers.

I kind of digged into the iWeb core files and when browsing a particular theme I cannot find where the graphics are located ( eg; for "blog.webtemplate" i can't see what's in there)

Are there any other theme developers around here? Do you guys know where we can all gather?

I'm wondering if the mod would be willing to create such a place for us on those forums.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    11Mystics Media creates iWeb templates so you might want to go over there and see what you can see. They sell templates so I am not sure how much help they will be since it could lead to competition, i.e. lost sales. iWeb 2.0 is causing major problems for iWeb 1.x templates because themes are no longer static. If you like challenges then I think you will have one creating your themes. Of course, once you get the hang of what needs to be done then the rest is just coming up with new (original) themes.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    yeh I did see that website.

Not sure about the competition thing I mean a huge place might certainly drain more traffic and therefore more sales for those who release paid themes...

i'd love to see something like the Wordpress Theme Viewer