What in God's name...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Happened to all the rumors about the iPhone getting a carrier in the UK. It all died down and I have heard nothing for a while, every day nothing is announced it feels more and more like we're gonna be waiting til at least the end of this year... God damn Apple! I want a bloody iPhone!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxx66 View Post

Happened to all the rumors about the iPhone getting a carrier in the UK. It all died down and I have heard nothing for a while, every day nothing is announced it feels more and more like we're gonna be waiting til at least the end of this year... God damn Apple! I want a bloody iPhone!

You will. Why did you ever think it would be earlier?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    maxx66maxx66 Posts: 41member
    wishful thinking that Q4 means Q4 and not sometime around december 31st. We are virtually in Q4 now so some kind of update on their original announcement in jan would be nice..
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Saw a rumour today, think it was on Macworld UK, that it might be going to both O2 and Vodafone.

My guess is they're still negotiating with the carriers across Europe, and the "leaks" are part of the negotiating strategies...

It wouldn't surprise me if we have to wait until the Paris Expo for an official announcement.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    krispiekrispie Posts: 260member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxx66 View Post

Maybe it's taking time to get the 3G version ready.

No-one would be dumb enough to release it with proper 3G support in the UK, would they?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    maxx66maxx66 Posts: 41member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by krispie View Post

Maybe it's taking time to get the 3G version ready.

No-one would be dumb enough to release it with proper 3G support in the UK, would they?

I really, really hope not. But Apple don't tend to act the way you'd expect or nescessarily want..

I hope the rumor about 02 and vodafone is true, but tbh I just want one now. I'm using a nokia 6680 thats battered to hell and the battery lasts about 7 - 9 hours on a good charge, I could have upgraded in March but I've been waiting for the iphone lol come on Apple!