AAPL stock is falling

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
so before the launch of the iPhone it was around 120 per share... it went up as high as 143-146 at one point... now it is at 113 (9:02am PST)...

I was like everyone else, hyped as hell months before the release of the iPhone. Unfortunately, it fell short of a lot of basic day-to-day features, and in some ways, I still believe if it had a dual launch with Leopard in October, it would've done better... but that's heresay, can't determine the future at every level of detail...

but what else? what has happened to the confidence in the investors?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by domerdel View Post

Unfortunately, it fell short of a lot of basic day-to-day features

I'm guessing by that statement that you don't actually own an iPhone?

The whole market is jittery, but APPL has always been a scary ride. It'll go even higher that the record high by the end of the year.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Guess what else is falling, the stock market.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yeah, this is pervasive, not just one or two stocks, or even sectors.

If you own *any* stocks, you're getting soaked today, as a general rule.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    you're right. I don't own an iPhone, and I wasn't avoiding to make that transparent. I do realize the stock market isn't doing well in general, but I was hoping to find other sources of significant issues as to why AAPL in particular, was falling. I have my predictions, but that's where they lie, no further.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    people are cashing in. If you bought 1000 shares of appl at 25$, you're getting 5x your investment right now. sell half of it, keep the other half, wait to see if there's other places to put your money or if apple keeps going down, buy some of it back.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    The only people I hate almost as much as lawyers are those in the financial industry.