MacBook Help

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I need some help. I am looking to buy a macbook but I dont know when to buy it. So when do you think they are going to release the next one. At chistmas? Soon?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 7
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    MacBook may not updated for a while.



    But then again if you can hold your purchase until Leopard release you will be well served. By the time (oct 07) it may updated to Santa Rosa CPUs but performance gains very limited, so it does not matter. But leopard may matter to you.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I would think almost certainly before Christmas, and my hope/guess is around October with leopard.



    My predicted specs:

    13" LED backlit

    2/2.2GHz santa rosa

    1 gb ram standard up to 4

    x3100 integrated graphics

    [email protected] up to [email protected]

    802.11n

    superdrive in all (hopeful)

    same prices.

  • Reply 3 of 7
    I'd wait for Santa. At least Nov. 1.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Thats what im hoping
  • Reply 5 of 7
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I don't know why someone would wait for SR in order to get a MB. The enhancement of the MB when it gets the SR upgrade is going to be modest. Yes the integrated graphics will be better but does anyone really expect it to be that great? In other words, are you expecting to be able to do serious gaming on a SR MB? If you want a MB I'd go ahead and get it now. Otherwise you'll find an excuse to wait until Penryn and so on and so forth. If you compare the current MBs to the current MBPs you'll see they stack up pretty well.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post


    I don't know why someone would wait for SR in order to get a MB. The enhancement of the MB when it gets the SR upgrade is going to be modest. Yes the integrated graphics will be better but does anyone really expect it to be that great? In other words, are you expecting to be able to do serious gaming on a SR MB? If you want a MB I'd go ahead and get it now. Otherwise you'll find an excuse to wait until Penryn and so on and so forth. If you compare the current MBs to the current MBPs you'll see they stack up pretty well.



    Yes, the revision will likely be modest, but it won't be trivial. If the Macbook is going to be updated in September or October and you can hold out that long, there's no downside to waiting. A bump up to 100 GB HDDs or a 10% CPU bump is not a waste of a week or two's waiting.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    They just released one on May 15th. It's early - mid cycle. Your safe to buy now.
Sign In or Register to comment.