This is weird...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
ok this might be a dumb question, but on my macbook, the hard-drive icon is now displayed as an iPod... How does that happen!?!? It used to have the picture of the hard drive and I didn't do anything to change it...

Also, usually I just close my computer to put it on sleep because I have stuff still opened up for later, but sometimes it restarts rather than goes to sleep. Is that supposed to happen or is that weird too?

Any answers would be great, I've just always had bad luck with electronics, my first macbook had a faulty logic board and I've gone one year going through eleven cell phones

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,435moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macbookman View Post

ok this might be a dumb question, but on my macbook, the hard-drive icon is now displayed as an iPod... How does that happen!?!? It used to have the picture of the hard drive and I didn't do anything to change it...

If you open up the get info window and select the icon in the top left and hit delete/backspace, that usually sets the icon back to its default. Maybe the Finder messed up the icon setting.

Quote:

Also, usually I just close my computer to put it on sleep because I have stuff still opened up for later, but sometimes it restarts rather than goes to sleep. Is that supposed to happen or is that weird too?

Yeah it's a feature. Of course it's not supposed to happen, there was an update for the Macbooks that was supposed to resolve wake up issues:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...eupdate10.html

Quote:

Any answers would be great, I've just always had bad luck with electronics, my first macbook had a faulty logic board and I've gone one year going through eleven cell phones

That's pretty unlucky alright.