MP4 Conversion

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I was wondering if anyone knows a program to convert .rar files to mp4, and/or mp4 to iso?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I'm not sure how well it works, or what all it does, as I've never used it... but...

http://www.unrarx.com/

might get you STARTED anyway.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    First, you need to learn what each of these formats are. RAR is an archiving format (like ZIP) and MP4 is audio/video. You won't get anything but gibberish. And the same for converting MP4 to ISO. ISO is a disc image format (for CD/DVD archiving).
  • Reply 3 of 6
    unRARx will work for extracting the data. and if that data tuns out to be .avi or any other video format isquint is the best to convert it to mp4
  • Reply 4 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

First, you need to learn what each of these formats are. RAR is an archiving format (like ZIP) and MP4 is audio/video. You won't get anything but gibberish. And the same for converting MP4 to ISO. ISO is a disc image format (for CD/DVD archiving).

My guess is that it's someone downloading movies again and coming across a set of Rar files that they sometimes use for distribution. They want to find a way to burn them to DVD (ISO) so as to avoid paying for them.

OP correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    lol ... and probably not movies his mom would approve of
  • Reply 6 of 6
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

My guess is that it's someone downloading movies again and coming across a set of Rar files that they sometimes use for distribution. They want to find a way to burn them to DVD (ISO) so as to avoid paying for them.

OP correct me if I'm wrong.

woo call 911

Get the unrarx program someone else recommended and use VisualHub to convert to mp4.