warcraft 3 question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
If i own wc3 for windows will I be able to install it on my mac or do i need a mac specific version? If i cant install it off the cd's I own, can i torrent the mac version and use my old cd keys? since I did actually buy the game in the first place.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    I'm pretty sure that Warcraft is a dual-platform CD. Try inserting it into your mac and find out.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    You can install it off the CD unless the CD is so early that it came out before the mac version was released. ALthough, I seem to remember than WC3 was a dual release.

However, I'm not sure if WC3 is available as a universal binary. I doubt it will run well on Intel macs. You should check with blizzard. They are pretty good about supporting macs as well as legacy products. Of course, if you have an intel mac, you can just boot into windows and run it from windows.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Ive got a mac pro, so i think even if it runs slow it will run fast on my computer....I cant use boot camp because I don't have "real" windows (and I cant figure out how to get it workin that way). anyway....it seems ive lost my frozen throne disk( but not the cd key!! wohoo) so ill have to torrent it anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackmajik2021 View Post

Ive got a mac pro, so i think even if it runs slow it will run fast on my computer....I cant use boot camp because I don't have "real" windows (and I cant figure out how to get it workin that way). anyway....it seems ive lost my frozen throne disk( but not the cd key!! wohoo) so ill have to torrent it anyway.

Warcraft III runs fine on a Mac Pro. I played on Battle.net on Saturday. I did so while running two cores with BOINC. Full resolution and graphics with my x1900.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    bg_nycbg_nyc Posts: 189member
    Do the cheat codes work on the Mac version also?