Does Apple Listen to Customer Feedback?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2015
Does Apple really listen to customer feedback/suggestions/enhancement requests sent through its feedback page?

Has anyone ever received a reply or follow-up email for a suggestion, bug report, or enhancement request sent through Apple's feedback page?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    They DO listen to feedback, as evidenced by a number of products/updates they've released, including:

Numbers '08

AppleTV

Mac mini

Black iPods

iPod radio remote (a workaround for real request, but still)

iPhone (covers requests for widescreen iPod and PDA-like devices)

Gigabit ethernet in new Airport Extreme base station

I have a feeling that they'll end up getting so many requests for a mid-size Mac tower that we'll see one in the next year or so.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    People give "feedback" to Apple using their $$.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I voted no. They listen, but they either take way to long to implement the customers suggestions, they don't implement them, or they just do the total opposite. Or they do completely unrelated things.

Question; What the fuck is with the gap below the window in most Apple apps (like Safari) when they are stretched to fit the full display? I know it shows where the dock is, but it's completely unnecessary, and annoying as hell Not only that, furthermore, it's actually stupid. It's not something that needs to be debated, it just shouldn't be there. If Apple listened to it's customers that would be gone a 'long' time ago. And iChat would talk to a lot more IM clients. The list of times where Apple just refuses to listen is 'unbelievably' long. I'd reckon there was at least 100 (maybe a lot more) people that went out of their way to tell Apple how cool it was that they added a little magnet to hold on their remote on the side of the iMac, and what do they go do? Why!?? Apple listens!?? Ha! If they listened then why the hell does the MM still have that dumb, retarded scroll ball? Every company listens, but Apple just seems to not to do it enough.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Ireland, you just don't have a firm grasp on reality, do you? (that question relates back to your blatant rudeness to EVERYONE in the iPod nano mockup thread)

Apple is a cruise liner. It's big, luxurious and gives you a good product, but it can't turn on a dime.

I'm sure Apple could give you a good explanation for every item you addressed above. I also have to question how much Apple should listen to a relative few suggestions on a particular issue versus how the winds of the tech industry are blowing and what larger percentages of Mac users are requesting.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Ireland, you just don't have a firm grasp on reality, do you? (that question relates back to your blatant rudeness to EVERYONE in the iPod nano mockup thread)

Apple is a cruise liner. It's big, luxurious and gives you a good product, but it can't turn on a dime.

I'm sure Apple could give you a good explanation for every item you addressed above. I also have to question how much Apple should listen to a relative few suggestions on a particular issue versus how the winds of the tech industry are blowing and what larger percentages of Mac users are requesting.

Really yeah. Looks like Mac users have excuses for whatever Apple does, well I try to be honest at most costs myself. There's no reason, it's stupid. I use Mac's cause they are the best, but they are not perfect. And as for the MM, LOL. Call me rude all you want, but those mock-ups in that other thread are ugly, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Apple would never leave that ug-la design out the door. If there's one thing that Apple knows, it's sleek hardware design. Those designs are far more geek than sleek.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    As a proud member of the AppleApologista? squad, I am happy to trot out Numbers in iWork'08 as the perfect example of how Apple cares for and loves you all very much. I can now put Microsoft Office For Mac and (almost) Rosetta in a nice doiley-lined trash can.
  • Reply 7 of 12

I don't know if they listen but definitely their support shiny store is not support but just to sell and you would not get any support there. I went to their support center in Haarlem/the Netherlands and experienced the worst customer service ever. when they tell you that you should understand that your iPad would not work after the update it means that it happens every day in their store and that sentence is just for the coverage of the awful job they do. My iPad meant a lot to me and basically was my daily device and after they failed to help me yet leaving me with an iPad, which was working right before coming to the store, spending an hour in the store looking at tens of people with red shirt that walk around without any purpose, i left with an iPad which was not working any more and a broken heart, wishing being wiser and not spending my money on Apple. I am happy that I changed my new phone to Samsung and I am going to buy my next tablet from Samsung and will recommend every body in my environment to do so. the worst happened when I asked for the manager of the store and he came with a masked face saying "weren't you warned before, so it can happen that my iPad wouldn't work" and he cannot help because I don't have warranty. when I said I am going to write a feedback about his careless behavior he just said ok, you can do that. is this what you really call support?

• Reply 8 of 12
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,544member
    I do not believe for a second that an Apple Store employee told you to expect that an update would destroy your iPad.
  • Reply 9 of 12

Samsung really needs to shell out an extra 50¢ per post to get native English speaking shills.

• Reply 10 of 12
    Of all the things to criticize about that post, you choose the single least legitimate one?

I can only assume that the guy is fluent in more languages than you are.

Oder würdest du das vielleicht bitte nochmal in fließendem Niederländisch wiederholen?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Originally Posted by spheric View Post

Of all the things to criticize about that post, you choose the single least legitimate one?

It’s an English website. Comprehension of the language is pretty valid when trying to have a legitimate claim to a problem. The conclusion to which you came may even be WRONG, and based on him not having a grasp of the language.

Oder würdest du das vielleicht bitte nochmal in fließendem Niederländisch wiederholen?

Das würde nicht helfen. Ich habe Deutsch gelernt. ;)

• Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It’s an English website. Comprehension of the language is pretty valid when trying to have a legitimate claim to a problem. The conclusion to which you came may even be WRONG, and based on him not having a grasp of the language.

Das würde nicht helfen. Ich habe Deutsch gelernt. ;)

Hah! Excellent comeback. :) 

I stand by giving non-native speakers a lot of leeway on the English-speaking web. That much of it is based in English is a matter of convenience, not etiquette, even if etiquette requires that one at least try to communicate in English on an English website.

Your point about Samsung shills is, of course, not in dispute. At all.