Vista // Boot Camp Help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am a student at a University that offers Windows Vista as a free .iso download from our portal website. I downloaded the .iso and wrote it all to the DVD. Boot Camp says the installation cd can't be found I am guessing it is because the title of the DVD is Untitled. Does anybody know what I should title the DVD so Boot Camp can recognize it? I have to use Microsoft Office 2007 for my BUS 170 class... I know. It sucks. I hate Windows but unfortunately I have to *contaminate* my Mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    You don't give it a title, when you burn the ISO, it uses the name embedded inside the image. If 'untitled' is the embedded name then whoever extracted the image did it wrong.

The extraction process saves the image including title entirely. The saved image file can be given a different title like untitled.iso but this doesn't go on the disc.

To burn this, you'd use say disc utility and all you do is click the burn icon and it will ask what image you want to burn. Then select the ISO file.

Did you perhaps use Toast or a burn folder, create a new disc, mount the ISO and then burn the contents of the ISO? If you are using Toast, you can just do disc copy, select the ISO option and drag the ISO file to the window.

You can try Liquid CD if you don't have Toast:

http://www.maconnect.ch/index.php?page=liquidcd&lang=en

These kind of apps make a bit more sense than burn folders and disk utility.