Developers, Developers, Developers...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is is safe or possible to get rid of the entire contents of the Developers folder?

Frightening thing happened... just to test it out, I dumped the contents into the Trash and restarted with a frozen log-in screen (couldn't use the mouse). After a hard restart, I could log-in and use the mouse, but I grabbed the contents from the Trash again and put 'er back in the Developers folder... whew!

I'm just trying to get back some HD space here, folks.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Is is safe or possible to get rid of the entire contents of the Developers folder?

Frightening thing happened... just to test it out, I dumped the contents into the Trash and restarted with a frozen log-in screen (couldn't use the mouse). After a hard restart, I could log-in and use the mouse, but I grabbed the contents from the Trash again and put 'er back in the Developers folder... whew!

I'm just trying to get back some HD space here, folks.

Thanks.

Nothing in there that the OS uses. Most Macs don't even come with one installed, you have to install from the DVD. Either the freeze was just coincidence, or there is something corrupted in the Developer folder. A trash & Empty cycle should clear that up.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

Nothing in there that the OS uses. Most Macs don't even come with one installed, you have to install from the DVD. Either the freeze was just coincidence, or there is something corrupted in the Developer folder. A trash & Empty cycle should clear that up.

I'm hoping it was mere coincidence as well... (crossing fingers)... \ Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I'm hoping it was mere coincidence as well... (crossing fingers)... \ Thanks.

I am pretty sure it has no real use to OS X for non-developers... considering I can't even find that folder on mine.