New MacBook Pro Soon?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Anybody noticed that Apple Store's wait time for MacBook Pro 15" is getting longer and longer? Is it a sign of something new to come?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    No, it probably means the MBP15" is in stronger demand than Apple can deliver.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I think there's an industry-wide problem at the moment keeping up with the demand for notebooks. My organization waited about 7 weeks for MBPs before they finally shipped. The next update to MBPs will be after the 1st of the year. As always, I hope that I am wrong!
  • Reply 3 of 17
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    New MacBook Pros won't ship until Intel ship Penryn early next year. If you need a MacBook Pro, now is a good time to buy one.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    As an Apple Authorised Reseller I can backup the fact that they backlog on Macbook Pro is getting rather long, this IS due to demand and a couple of supply problems with the LED screens, especially the 17" hi-res screen, the makers and working hard to meet demand but there is a LOT of it. I ordered my Macbook Pro (spec below) on the day they became available, and it took around four weeks to deliver, and yet I here some people did the same and got them after a week!

I don't see a new MBP on the roadmap until a new CPU architecture hits the mainstream, I'm not upto-date with Intel's roadmap but I think "Penryn" is the next big thing - personally I think the MBP will eventually be one of the world's first quad-core laptops, you heard it here first hehe
  • Reply 5 of 17
    I was wondering if they might be introducing a higher-resolution option for the 15-inch model once Leopard is released with its resolution independent rendering. I know Dell offers 15-inch laptops with 1680x1050 native resolutions, and it would seem to make some sense that Apple would offer that as a built-to-order option. Do you think this is a possibility?

Also, will the next revision to the MacBook Pro feature the Macbook/new iMac keyboard? Since Apple seems to value design coherence it would make some sense to bring that to all their laptops, though I know some people are attached to the old MBP keyboard.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    Definitely not until after Penryn is available, but if Apple can get them by MWSF2008 then I can see Steve showing off a quad-core MacBook Pro.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haiduc210 View Post

I was wondering if they might be introducing a higher-resolution option for the 15-inch model once Leopard is released with its resolution independent rendering. I know Dell offers 15-inch laptops with 1680x1050 native resolutions, and it would seem to make some sense that Apple would offer that as a built-to-order option. Do you think this is a possibility?

Yes, this is a possibility. There appears to be strong demand for the higher resolution 17" MBP.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    mgkwhomgkwho Posts: 167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

New MacBook Pros won't ship until Intel ship Penryn early next year. If you need a MacBook Pro, now is a good time to buy one.

I wholeheartedly disagree. New ones are coming before Thanksgiving.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 9 of 17
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    Why? There is literally nothing Apple could put into a current MBP to make it worthwhile. The 2.8 Extreme processor won't work in the current enclosure.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgkwho View Post

I wholeheartedly disagree. New ones are coming before Thanksgiving.

-=|Mgkwho

What do you think would warrant them moving up their revision schedule from (what we all assume will be) January to November? I personally hope you're right but what's your reasoning?
  • Reply 11 of 17
    hey guys, been an avid reader of aInsider forums.

Read the last line of this article on MBPs. 9-5Mac has proved itself worthy of some rumours. So you might wana broaden up and consider Jan releases of NEW MBPs. not just revised ones. I'm just commenting. =)

9-5 Mac states that "New MacBook Pros coming in January...more... coming..."

Here's the link. http://www.9to5mac.com/Apple-event-k...hum-2345666778

I also agree that Apple does not have much to revise its MBP right now. not until Penryn. Even if they do so, what could they revise? speed bumps maybe?

It just doesn't look very likely that Apple will update MBP in the nxt few months. Unless they start breaking their backs all day long. MacBook would be a more likely candidate.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    The LED screens are probably a difficult item to get in quantity at the moment.

I hope we'll see a MacBook Nano this year and a refreshed MBP at MWSF. I'd love to see a few of those 160GB 1.8" hdd we saw yesterday creep into a laptop line.... Apple showed yesterday that they are happy to expand their range of lines within a family of products.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akac View Post

Why? There is literally nothing Apple could put into a current MBP to make it worthwhile. The 2.8 Extreme processor won't work in the current enclosure.

Hell no they could polish it ..

no more DVI plug----- dvi mini instead

NAND FLASH buffer ! - pleeeeeeeease the 16 GB model .

No display locking shit ..they could do the same thing they did with macbooks- magnets

true multytouchPAD U.I. .. slightly bigger touchpad .

And HELLL it is time for 13 or 12 inch display.

and as many others .. i'd like a g6 model ,.. ha .. it's a $ issue we all know it.

I feel like stucked .. because i've been waiting for the right release like .. for ages.

I just can't understand why is it that the MacBook Pros have the monster- DVI interface ,and the iMacs the mini DVIs .. ,

Just think about this ... magnet - safe power plug .. ok ! and that .. a f$*(ed up DVI with srews .. WTF mate !

and no NAND flash buffer!?

and HELL THERE IS NO more a powerful mobile machine .. since PB 12 !? can't wait any longer ,cupertino !
  • Reply 14 of 17
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    9to5Mac says new Macbook Pros in January. Given their recent track record, I'd believe it.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Any clues that when the Penryn is released, in the MBP, if the bus speed will remain as is at 800 or would that get a boost also?
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

Any clues that when the Penryn is released, in the MBP, if the bus speed will remain as is at 800 or would that get a boost also?

january-february \
  • Reply 17 of 17
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tripo View Post

I feel like stucked .. because i've been waiting for the right release like .. for ages.

I just can't understand why is it that the MacBook Pros have the monster- DVI interface ,and the iMacs the mini DVIs .. ,

Just think about this ... magnet - safe power plug .. ok ! and that .. a f$*(ed up DVI with srews .. WTF mate !

and no NAND flash buffer!?

and HELL THERE IS NO more a powerful mobile machine .. since PB 12 !? can't wait any longer ,cupertino !

You are a masochist and you know it.

Go out and buy a MacBook now and sell it when your dream machine is introduced or when it gets long in the tooth.

Never wait for the next best thing if you have those hysterical high expectations.