Stop bashing and accept- Look at VPC

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am totally sick of the Apple bashing. I personally feel that Apple has all the right to acquire and produce applications for the Macintosh Platform whether or not it competes with current Developers. We all know that Microsoft does the same thing. Yes they don't have a hardware team yet, but they do control a bulk of the hardware vendors in the market. When Microsoft said it was developing a tablet PC they actually meant they are developing the OS and contracting Hardware vendors. This is no different from Apple doing all the work in house. Take a look at Sun, IBM, SGI and many other vendors that do the same as Apple (Hardware/OS/Software). IBM is highly successful, so is SUN. We need a strong Apple. An Apple that makes sure it's user base has the adequate software development as the counterpart PC world. Even though toes will be stepped on; I feel, this will only make developers more determined to produce the best. Those who don't; well, leave the platform for an OS that deserves second class applications. An example is Thinkfree- a software company that is marketing an Office equivalent for the Macintosh platform. The Apple user base deserves the best development of an application. Not a port of a PC app. If they don't like Apple's own Keynote then produce something equivalent or better. How about this: Integrate Thinkfree with Keynote and drop their version of a presentation software called ThinkFree Show. How about this: Market your software and cater it toward OS 9 users. We definitely know that ThinkFree is OS 9 compatible while Microsoft Office X is not. Thinkfree this can give you an edge over Apple and Microsoft. Who ever knew that PowerPoint would actually have a real competitor in the market.

Please lets not loose focus on what I am saying.

1) Developers get over it or go.

2) Develop better Applications that can and will compete against Apple. Think of Apple as another software vendor and not your life support.

There are reasons why Apple has many acquired companies in the past. That reason is for us. For Mac users to continue to having the best applications. For mac users to continue to be supported. Hay, would you like Microsoft to buy all those companies that Apple has acquired? Then possibility we would have to wait for support from Microsoft. So unlike Microsoft, who's only reason is to be a Monopoly. I like that game now that Apple has become a major player. I guess many are scared of Apple now. Maybe that will only encourage them not discourage into marketing, developing and supporting software users.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    deja vu?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    The moment Apple decides that ThinkFree is a real alternative to Office is the day I eat my hat.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I guess you guys are not understanding what I am saying. It is easy to read to read not read between the lines. ThinkFree is an example of every software vendore for the Mac platform. Please understand that ThinkFree is not the only company complaining. The list: Adobe, Macromedia, MS, ThinkFree, and many more.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by yeyeogun:

<strong>I guess you guys are not understanding what I am saying. It is easy to read to read not read between the lines. ThinkFree is an example of every software vendore for the Mac platform. Please understand that ThinkFree is not the only company complaining. The list: Adobe, Macromedia, MS, ThinkFree, and many more.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ThinkFree is complaining?

Since their apps are crossplatform (Java), do they complain about PowerPoint too?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I believe those who complain should just leave the platform. Unhappy people enjoy misery and misery enjoys company. The perfect match for you would be a PC. You'll be back when you realize that. I am just pondering why your unhappy - "did your mommy and daddy make you unhappy Starling".
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Seriously, you mention ThinkFree and I want to know if they're complaining or if you just mentioned them just to mention someone.

Since ThinkFree is a Java app, they aren't spending huge amounts of money on Mac development.