Apple Universal iPod Dock Serial Number

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all,

Just purchased an Apple Universal iPod Dock and went over my neighbor's house to test it out on his big screen. His cousin (or something) was over also and had a Universal iPod Dock also. Anyway, we ended up forgetting which dock belongs to who.

Since mine is brand spankin new, I'd like to know whether there is a way to differentiate mine and hers. Is there a serial number on the actual dock or any other kinds of differentiators? Neither hers nor mine have any special "marks" (scratches) so we can't tell which one belongs to whom, but I'd like to keep mine for "sentimental reasons".

Thanks all,

Keep livin' the iLife.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    You could do a fingerprint test.

No, I'm serious, take some clear tape and try to lift some prints off one of them and stick it on some glass or something. Compare it to your own prints/hers. With only two people it should be simple enough if you really do care that much.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    alexluftalexluft Posts: 159member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

You could do a fingerprint test.

No, I'm serious, take some clear tape and try to lift some prints off one of them and stick it on some glass or something. Compare it to your own prints/hers. With only two people it should be simple enough if you really do care that much.

Thanks for that but I think I'll be looked at strangely when I ask her for her prints.

So there aren't any serial numbers on the docks that we can go by or any other dock ID numbers that we can identify which dock belongs to whom.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Why is it a big deal? They both work right?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

Her's has cooties....eewwwww
  • Reply 5 of 6
    alexluftalexluft Posts: 159member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

Yea only that hers is older and mine is newer and I want the newer one... I'm weird like that; I get nostalgic (if that) feelings with my tech.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

Her's has cooties....eewwwww

IT DOES!!! They're real!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    If you can't tell, then the age probably doesn't matter.