Macbook now or in october

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hey. i'm getting the black macbook with 2gb ram. but i'm split between getting it now with a free ipod and no leopard or getting it with no ipod and leopard. i'm also afraid that they will update the thing after i get it to make leopard some how run better or something. what do you guys think, now or in october? i don't need it now, but as i said free ipod.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post


    hey. i'm getting the black macbook with 2gb ram. but i'm split between getting it now with a free ipod and no leopard or getting it with no ipod and leopard. i'm also afraid that they will update the thing after i get it to make leopard some how run better or something. what do you guys think, now or in october? i don't need it now, but as i said free ipod.



    I signed up at this site to research the same question. Seems you and I are in the same "don't need it now" territory.



    I'm gonna wait till Leopard comes pre-installed on my MacBook. That's a $129 saving if you were to get it later yourself.



    Ipod's are due for a change next week anyway (probably), in case you want to follow the latest hardware.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    If we super duper lucky we get a santa rosa update too. But that ain't likely by October.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Hey I think you should buy in October ,after what you really need is Macbook not free ipod , maybe there will be a better Macbook in a more decent price .
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Get the Ipod deal, [30GB extra 50$] let them work out any bugs in the new OS and if you decide you want the new one sell the Ipod for 250 and pocket about 130$
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dentondenton Posts: 724member
    I say wait until October. At the very least you will save yourself $129 for the Leopard upgrade. Put that money toward the purchase of an iPod and console yourself with the fact that you will have this year's iPod rather than last year's iPod.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post


    I say wait until October. At the very least you will save yourself $129 for the Leopard upgrade. Put that money toward the purchase of an iPod and console yourself with the fact that you will have this year's iPod rather than last year's iPod.



    Get it now! Lets say you want the new Leopard, well get it now anyways sell the friggen Ipod and make money!!
Sign In or Register to comment.