Video chat using Ichat problems

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I use the video chat feature of iChat quite often and always have the same problem where i get a communication error. if the other user is running mac, never any problems...but when they use windows, in particular AIM it works about 30% of the time. does anyone know why this is or how i can make it work more smoothly.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Video chatting with Windows users is very unpredictable. My best suggestion is to use Skype for video calls. They are absolutely free and I've had no hickups talking to family (who have a Windows machine).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

Video chatting with Windows users is very unpredictable. My best suggestion is to use Skype for video calls. They are absolutely free and I've had no hickups talking to family (who have a Windows machine).

thanks for your help...my answer to my friend on why it doesnt work is that she is running windows. hahah i love my mac i am problem free

i just thought about this..what about using parallels and both of us getting windows live..would that work. i have good things about windows live..

any advice
  • Reply 3 of 3
    That works, but I highly recommend Skype. It's a lot less trouble. Video chat was sluggish running through Parallels.