Trying to get VueScan to work w/SCSI scanner...rainbow cursor hell

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just installed 10.2.4 onto an 8600 w/a G4/450 card, Radeon, USB card, and SCSI scanner & CD-Burnner.

I DL'd VueScan since I've heard all good things about it, but have had no luck scanning. VS sees the scanner and correctly IDs it. When I hit 'Preview' the rainbow hell begins. The scanner moves a TINY bit, but nothing else happens. Eventually, I need to force-quit the app.

I looked in the read-me and it says something about removing 'Button Monitor' from Prefs/Login Items, but I don't have this in mine.

:confused: Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 2 of 6
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Were you able to see the scanner on System Profiler? My SCSI chain shows up fine. I'll try pushing the cables in harder.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    I really hope your scanner isn't locked.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    It worked in OS9 the other day before the OSX install. I this something that can easily happen?

My gut tells my that it is something to do w/VueScan.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 6 of 6
    drboardrboar Posts: 477member
    Airsluf

I have a Umax 600S scanner and the software started to get problematic in 8.5 or so. What kind of Umax scanner did you get to work in X ?

I have DL the lastest UMAX scanner software but I have little hope that it will work in OS 9. One option for me is to use a old LCII with the scanner and then shuffle the files on a ZIP disk, but having it in X would be sweet!