New iPod promo?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on buying an apple laptop in October (after the release of Leopard) and I've been planning on buying a new iPod once they release the new ones, which appears to be tomorrow. My question is do you think it's worth waiting to buy a new iPod when I buy the laptop in hopes that some promotion will exist where they give you a free iPod (or a discount on one) when you purchase a laptop? Or are the chances unlikely that such a promo will exist?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Students are most likely apply for any such offer, at the moment Apple run a promo for a free iPod Nano with new Mac's, this may continue, but don't expect the offer to go beyond the Nano in my view \

Also, Apple have previously offered a free or discounted upgrade to the new OS when they released previous versions, Tiger, Panther etc if the Mac was purchased within 90 days of the new OS release... I'd be surprised if they didn't offer a simmilar upgrade offer when Leopard rolls out.

They did the same for customers who recently purchased a new Mac with iLife '06 in order to upgrade to iLife '08...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdphc8 View Post

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on buying an apple laptop in October (after the release of Leopard) and I've been planning on buying a new iPod once they release the new ones, which appears to be tomorrow. My question is do you think it's worth waiting to buy a new iPod when I buy the laptop in hopes that some promotion will exist where they give you a free iPod (or a discount on one) when you purchase a laptop? Or are the chances unlikely that such a promo will exist?

You may have to wait untill next summer for that. http://www.apple.com/backtoschool/

I don't know if Apple generally offer anything like that during other times of the year.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

I don't know if Apple generally offer anything like that during other times of the year.

They don't.