Best Buy return policy

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Any one have any experiance with best buy regarding ipods and warranties? I got a 2 year "product service plan".

Say apple introduces new ipods tomorrow, say in about a month when there are no more 5G's in their store and only 6G's. And my ipod...."breaks". Would they give me a 6G?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    bg_nycbg_nyc Posts: 189member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MR_COW View Post

Any one have any experiance with best buy regarding ipods and warranties? I got a 2 year "product service plan".

Say apple introduces new ipods tomorrow, say in about a month when there are no more 5G's in their store and only 6G's. And my ipod...."breaks". Would they give me a 6G?

I can't imagine them giving you a '6G' when you purchased a 5.5G. I think they'd request a 5.5G from some warehouse in Bumblequeef, Iowa. But maybe you can find a clueless customer service rep who you can bully into upgrading you!

Consider putting it on ebay or craigslist. You should be able to find someone who is clueless about the world of iPod to buy your velociraptor.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bg_nyc View Post

I can't imagine them giving you a '6G' when you purchased a 5.5G. I think they'd request a 5.5G from some warehouse in Bumblequeef, Iowa. But maybe you can find a clueless customer service rep who you can bully into upgrading you!

Consider putting it on ebay or craigslist. You should be able to find someone who is clueless about the world of iPod to buy your velociraptor.

Ok. I'm just wondering because when my camera broke, they game me the camera with the same price, because they didn't make my model anymore. Got upgraded from a 4 to 6 megapixel.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    nope, i tried doing that with my old ipod, gave me the same version, even though it was 2 generations later
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aiolosaiolos Posts: 228member
    Yeah, they give your generation, my roomie had the 3rd gen, got 3 replacements, all of which failed within a week, so he got pissed and went and bought a creative .