Two Problems One Computer

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
First off my MacBook has not been recognizing my ipod. Well it has but it hasn't been recognizing it as my ipod. It's simply labeled "IPOD". I've tried restoring twice but this still happens which is why I think it's my computer. Also it has a higher chance of recognizing the iPod if I have it sync from the USB port that is farther back. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

The more important issue that I've been having though is with my battery. Up until three weeks ago I had about 95% battery health (iStat pro). Now it's down to 75% and it wasn't a gradual drop. I don't know what's happened because I've only gone through two charge cycles in those three weeks for a total of 50 charge cycles. I used to be able to get four and a half to five hours battery life but at the most I get two and a half now. I've had the computer for a little over a year. Probably a year and 4 months. I have Apple Care but I was wondering if that qualifies for a battery replacement. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Ok I have an update. It appears that my iPod is just dying (just in time for me to buy an iPod Touch); however, I have another problem. My MacBook just recently stopped reading CD's. I'm going to call Apple right now and see what they have to say.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    yeah if your still under warranty take it to a genius bar see what the deal is. the battery problem is just a bad battery or just a deteorating(sp?) batter that I believe gets replaced under warranty. As for the cd drive, that I have no clue as to what is going on. good luck with your tech support calls.