One More Santa Rosa CPU!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
2.60 Ghz! $530, 2.40 Ghz lowered down to $316...

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...e_list9_07.pdf

Extreme 2.6/2.8 priced at $851

MacBook pro refresh coming sooon

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    woooo~

But think about it, heat issues might be a huge stumbling block to adding this to MBP now.

Is it just me? or is a lot of MBPs having heat issues? (2.4gHz in particular), hardly any on 2.2?

It might take Apple some time to solve their heat issues with putting a HUGE KICKARS chip in their lappy. So I'm thinking Jan releases.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    I don't care about Santa Rosa. Give me a 2.6GHz CPU that will work in a Socket M computer.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ripplet View Post

woooo~

But think about it, heat issues might be a huge stumbling block to adding this to MBP now.

Is it just me? or is a lot of MBPs having heat issues? (2.4gHz in particular), hardly any on 2.2?

It might take Apple some time to solve their heat issues with putting a HUGE KICKARS chip in their lappy. So I'm thinking Jan releases.

it will be more beneficial in iMac
  • Reply 4 of 8
    So this is in addition to the 2.6GHz Extreme... cool. Maybe an update with 10.5 in October.

What's the difference between the two then...?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    My 2.4 MBP runs pretty warm. I keep it on an iCurve and the underneath of it is almost too hot to touch, even with 6" of ventilation under it.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auslander View Post

My 2.4 MBP runs pretty warm. I keep it on an iCurve and the underneath of it is almost too hot to touch, even with 6" of ventilation under it.

It isn't the height of the MBP from the table. Its whether the air can flow. So it might might a little more if you had a fan/wind blowing under the MBP.

But after saying that, 2.4 MBPs are more reputable as the hot MBP. Literally.

Most 2.2 MBPs are cooler then their big brother. (some1 correct me if i'm wrong)
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ripplet View Post

It isn't the height of the MBP from the table. Its whether the air can flow. So it might might a little more if you had a fan/wind blowing under the MBP.

But after saying that, 2.4 MBPs are more reputable as the hot MBP. Literally.

Most 2.2 MBPs are cooler then their big brother. (some1 correct me if i'm wrong)

That's unfortunate, but I probably wouldn't buy the faster one anyway. Have any of the people that complained about a hot 2.4 tried the Fan Control or smcFan Control programs? I only had an original MBP, 1.86GHz, but it became very comfortable to use when I used one of those programs, before, it would otherwise get uncomfortable at 15 minutes of use. Turning up the fan a tiny bit didn't even seem to make the machine louder, it was still incredibly quiet in my opinion.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KennyWRX View Post

So this is in addition to the 2.6GHz Extreme... cool. Maybe an update with 10.5 in October.

What's the difference between the two then...?

this is an interesting question, the cache size and FSB are same, not sure what is the difference between 2.6 & 2.6 Extreme version.