good video editing software?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey guys, I have some videos that are just a few megs over the limit to be burned in Toast. Anyone know of anything program, preferably freeware, that will allow me to edit perhaps the beginning or end of the video or maybe to reduce the audio or video quality just enough to get it to fit on a CD? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    You could probably just compress it with quicktime 6 pro
  • Reply 2 of 6
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    quicktime 6 pro will do what you want, and if you need anything else use iMovie. It's a freeware video program for mac, but I can't remember what company makes it.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Haha, I tried iMovie, but I think it was going to take....I don't even remember how many, but ALOT of hours to import. I have been thinking about plunking down the cash to get Quicktime, but I am a little short right now, so if there is a free alternative, that would be great, otherwise, I guess Quicktime Pro it is.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I would just spend the money on Quicktime pro.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Just bite the bullet and allow it to import in iMovie when you're asleep. It's the easiest way to do it.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I know it takes hours to import with with iMovie, but from what I can tell with the Apple videos about quicktime, it appears if it is instant as soon as you make the change. Is this true? If so, the 30 bucks to get quicktime is worth all the time I'll save.