Route 66 - mapping software like DeLorme StreetAtlas

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is there a US version? According to Versiontracker there is but at their site it's not acknowledged in the least. Ever since DeLorme killed Streetlas I've been high and dry. I have Route 66 Europe but that doesn't help much in Rhode Island.

I can't believe more people aren't excited about this! Now that I have a laptop that has a working battery again, a US version of Route 66 would be so hot, especially once I get a GPS box, and maybe Bluetooth cellphone.

[ 03-02-2003: Message edited by: Aquatic ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I can't believe the lack of interest in mapping software. I mean if you have a laptop this is SO cool. Unless you're Tim the Toolman Taylor who has iron in his nose to let him tell direction...then this is the killer laptop app.

Voice navigation would make it perfect for driving.. I think Route 66 even does this?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    as soon as there is a very good mapping program with a very good GPS module I will have some serious interest...

bluetooth? mmmmm...

keep us updated.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    You can rely on it. (8-ball )
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ces1965ces1965 Posts: 3member
    I have the new Delorme Street Atlas running on XP in Virtual PC. 12" powerbook with 640 megs RAM. I use the Keyspan serial/USB converter to connect to a Garmin GPS. Worked great this weekend.

It's actually pretty fast (much faster than the old IBM 266 mhz laptop I was using for this purpose).

With the restore feature in Virtual PC, I can bring up the whole thing really fast.

That said, I hate Delorme because they won't make a mac version. Bastards. I ever get the opportunity, they are gone gone gone
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Can you please post a screenshot? VPC can do that I believe by itself. I just want to see if DeLorme still has the retarded 1980s interface that plagues StreetAtlas 6 on the Mac. I bet they'll come back, if Apple expands marketshare.