Cracked MacBook for the second time in months.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I bought my C2D MacBook in December of last year. Around April of this year, my MacBook developed the famous crack near the palm rest where the bezel of the lid contacts it. I took it to the Apple Store where I bought it, and they immediately fixed it under warranty. I asked the nice young man at the Genius Bar if this was a common problem, and he said it was, and that he has not personally had the issue on his own MacBook, but that he was very careful when he shut his lid as to make the impact from the magnets as nonexistant as possible. So I left with an understanding of known design issue and the knowledge that I would have to modify my behavior with my MacBook to avoid this problem again.

Well, here we are, 5 months later, and the crack is back. I have been extremely careful every time I shut the lid, and it didn't help at all. From what I have read on various forums, Apple will indeed repair it again under warranty. But my question is this: what will happen after the warranty is over?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    No input? I read about this problem all of the time, no one here has had the same problem?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GogDog View Post

No input? I read about this problem all of the time, no one here has had the same problem?

Nope.

3 friends have MacBooks at up to 1.25 years old, 2 of them are well known for their nasty attitude against their Mac hardware.

None of them have this issue.

Black Karma?