ugh...3rd interview with apple!?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
ok so i went for my 2nd interview today, once again on the benches outside the mall to talk about why i should be hired why apple who i am etc.....getting old really

and then he told me he'll call me before the weekend for a 3rd interview with the store manager for next week, im gettin frustrated

and still no background check, but he did mention apple does a complete background check and i kinda gulped haha, im worried about my misdemeanor even tho i definitely know how to back up what happened in all honesty, so im not stressed that much, i just really want the job and its taking forever, im so impatient

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

ok so i went for my 2nd interview today, once again on the benches outside the mall to talk about why i should be hired why apple who i am etc.....getting old really

and then he told me he'll call me before the weekend for a 3rd interview with the store manager for next week, im gettin frustrated

and still no background check, but he did mention apple does a complete background check and i kinda gulped haha, im worried about my misdemeanor even tho i definitely know how to back up what happened in all honesty, so im not stressed that much, i just really want the job and its taking forever, im so impatient

you think that's rough, i got a job at ups. i sent an email and got a call back. i went in for an interview. then i went back and had a second interview and filled out a form for the background check. then i waited for about a week until the check was done. then they called me and i had to do training. then i had a job. it's a pain really but i get pretty decent money for my age.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Just imagine what you'd have to go through to work with these guys. Believe me, you both had it easy...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

Hang in there. I no longer work for Apple, but it took me three interviews and 3-4 weeks total to start working. If you want the job, hang in there, and be prepared for the work/home training.

Good luck!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Just imagine what you'd have to go through to work with these guys. Believe me, you both had it easy...

i do that in my spare time.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

You are better off being an independent contractor.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I understand too how getting a job can be so difficult and frustrating. Really, it kills me sometimes. You'll have to decide if he level of trouble is worth it. Sometimes it is, sometimes your path lies differently.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

You are better off being an independent contractor.

Doubt it. The benefit of working TS is that the hours are regular and you physically can't take the work home with you. I would say that's one very big perk: 40 hours per week with no possibility of overtime (well that's my definition of a perfect work environment).
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Doubt it. The benefit of working TS is that the hours are regular and you physically can't take the work home with you. I would say that's one very big perk: 40 hours per week with no possibility of overtime (well that's my definition of a perfect work environment).

ohh, that kind of a contractor. I thought he was speaking of the other type of contractor ... D: