MacBook help

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Almost a year ago i bought a black macbook.

1gb ram

2.0ghz intel core 2 duo processor

and some crappy intel graphics card.

Im into gaming and I want to up my macbooks performance so i can play a bigger selection of games with better graphics ext...

i know it is for sure possible to upgrade my ram to 2gbs, but does apple offer any upgrade for video card and processor?

Please help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    You can upgrade to 2GB of RAM, and it's probably a good idea. OSX will take all of the memory it can get its hnds on.

As for the graphics, sorry but you can't change that. You won't be able to play that many games on your computer well due to the Intel graphics. Upgrading to 2GB of RAM might help you a little bit in the gaming department, but it won't be that noticeable.

That laptop just wasn't made or gaming.

Edit: Can't update processor either.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    damnit apple. hmm i guess i should have got the MBP, oh well maybe i will just save up for a custom pc with vista. Then i can run steam and play some CS and use my macbook for school work and desgining
  • Reply 3 of 7
    It's not just Apple, most manufacturers are the same way.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reeve76 View Post

damnit apple. hmm i guess i should have got the MBP, oh well maybe i will just save up for a custom pc with vista. Then i can run steam and play some CS and use my macbook for school work and desgining

Don't use Vista. Gamers are sticking to or "downgrading" to XP2 Pro. I'm waiting for NFS:ProStreet (as per my signature).

I want to build:

Intel Core2Duo 2.66 or so overclock to 3.2ghz

DDR2-800mhz 2GB RAM (2 sticks of "overclocking"RAM, Kingston or Corsair)

nVidia 8600GTS (good "mid" value) or 8700?? if it comes out

2x120gb RAID 0 Seagates

Etc
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Vista seems to run steam well, but i think its all up to your computer. I understand vista runs like crap on a basic computer, oh well. Do you no if its possible if i customize my macbook even though apple wont do it?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Graphics chip is part of the mainboard. No way in hell.

CPU is soldered on too. No way in hell.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    alright thanks for the info