Keynote Build Question

jbljbl
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am working on my first presentation using Keynote, and am having a little problem. When I build a slide, I sometimes want one object to be replace by another, but I can't figure out how to do that. All I seem to be able to do is have one step where the first object disappears and another step where the second object appears. I have to click for each step in the build so that leaves a half second or so where the screen is just blank. Is there some way of either having one object disappear and another appear on the same step, or having two steps occur at once without having to click in between?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Rather than using builds, you could make two separate slides, and use a transition between the two slides. If everything else but the one object is the same between the two slides, it will appear as if only that object is changing.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    The only way I've been able to 'trick' Keynote into doing this is to duplicate the slide, replace image (1) with image (2) on the duplicated slide, and set my slide transition to 'dissolve'. Kind of a pain, but it works.

I'll agree that Keynote is very click-happy. Here's hoping for a little bit more functionality in v.1.1.

-G

[edit]: yeah, kinda like BRussell said....(I swear it wasn't there before!)

[ 03-03-2003: Message edited by: 709 ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Thanks. I hate doing that kind of thing but because if I ever decide to move anything I have to redo it on both slides. I can't come up with a better way though.

Thanks again.