iPod Touch + Wifi Podcasts

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello. Sorry if this has been touched on before, but I read the detailed AI review of the Touch and didn't find this info.

Does anyone know if the iPod Touch will support downloading new podcasts via WiFi? That is a make-or-break feature for me, and I can't find any info on it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    It does not.

However it would be trivial to add the feature, if Apple so desired.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    that would be a great idea.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Is there a consensus on whether or not this is a coming feature? I already want an iPod Touch, but the ability to not need to sync my iPod to my iBook for new podcasts would make this an instant purchase for me. As it stands, without this feature I will likely wait a bit.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    drewmgdrewmg Posts: 21member
    Apparently not.

This is really disappointing for me. If the Touch supported on-the-fly podcast updating, this would be an absolute hands down must buy for me.

I certainly can't be the only one who feels this way, can I?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrewMG View Post

Apparently not.

This is really disappointing for me. If the Touch supported on-the-fly podcast updating, this would be an absolute hands down must buy for me.

I certainly can't be the only one who feels this way, can I?

Oh I completely agree, but I listen to a lot of podcasts.

However it seems clear that Apple does not view the iPod Touch the same way a normal person would?see the disabling of Edit Calendar, the removal of applications that are on the iPhone, the lack of an SDK, Starbucks free wireless access is only so you can buy things on the Wi-Fi store, etc?.

Perhaps things will change, perhaps they won't.