New cases for 3G nano yet to appear!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
One thing I'm really disappointed is that when Apple released the 3G iPod nano, no company making protective cases for iPods had available for sale immediately new protective cases for the new model.

I've checked with Belkin, Contour Design, DLO, Griffin Technology and Speck Products over email and all said they won't ship their new 3G nano cases to retailers until the end of this month or early next month! You'd think Apple would have provided the specification drawings and/or mockups to the case manufacturers like back in July 2007 so the cases would reach retail channels at the same time the new iPod models reached retailers. This is going to be a major issue soon because the case appears to smudge rather easily and the chrome back appears to scratch rather easily, too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SactoMan01 View Post

One thing I'm really disappointed is that when Apple released the 3G iPod nano, no company making protective cases for iPods had available for sale immediately new protective cases for the new model.

I've checked with Belkin, Contour Design, DLO, Griffin Technology and Speck Products over email and all said they won't ship their new 3G nano cases to retailers until the end of this month or early next month! You'd think Apple would have provided the specification drawings and/or mockups to the case manufacturers like back in July 2007 so the cases would reach retail channels at the same time the new iPod models reached retailers. This is going to be a major issue soon because the case appears to smudge rather easily and the chrome back appears to scratch rather easily, too.

That is why I am holding out until the cases are available before I buy the new ipod nano because the first thing I do when I get any new ipod is put in a case for protection. I agree that Apple dropped the ball on this one.