SimCity 4 reviews?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Since SC4 is coming to the Mac this May, I wanted to know what people who played it on PCs think of it. How does it compare to SimCity 2000? To me SimCity 3000 was terrible in implimentation and game usage. It lacked the fun of the original Sim City and still didn't compare to Sim City 2000.

So What's the verdict?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I hearthat SC4 gets REALLY SLOW after about 10,000 people in your city. The fun is supposed to be back in it... but it's supposed to be really slow. God forbid we get a lousy port again too...
  • Reply 2 of 10
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I hear you. I wonder how good Aspyres porting record is? Any good Aspyre ports?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Wel, Aspyr doesn't actually write the code. They're just a publisher. I don't know who is actually porting the game... maybe Westlake? *shrugs*
  • Reply 4 of 10
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    I have it for my PC I like it, but then again I liked all the simcity games. Um not sure about running slow, its hard tho to get past 10,000, this one is a lot harder.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>Wel, Aspyr doesn't actually write the code. They're just a publisher. I don't know who is actually porting the game... maybe Westlake? *shrugs*</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.i5works.com"; target="_blank">i5work</a>
  • Reply 6 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Alpha Mac:

<strong>

<a href="http://www.i5works.com"; target="_blank">i5work</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

I dont see Sim City 4 anywhere on their site... Could they have not updated yet?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    i5work.. Wow, now that is a nice site...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy:

<strong>i5work.. Wow, now that is a nice site...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    unfortunately, if history with this series means anything, apple hardware is now just getting fast enough to play sim city 3000.

you want slow? holy crap, it brought every mac at the time down to a crawl.

the demo movie i saw for SC4 certainly looked impressive, but considering the fact that you can (apparently) micro-manage your sim city down to the individual sim level, i gotta think it will, again, grind the heaviest-duty mac to a standstill.

hope i am wrong.

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: rok ]</p>