WHy don't they flip the keyboard horizontally?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I don't yet have an iphone but play around on one frequently, and I would really think that if they turned it horizontally, it would allow much faster typing.

Can they update this ability with a new software update? And do yo uthink they ever will? I think this will alleviate some of the typing problems if they did.

What do you all think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    They already have support for that in Safari. Lets hope for it to come to Mail, Notes, and more!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    this is a software issue and not a hardware one. it is obviously possible to flip the keyboard [as seen in safari] and i believe it should be an option in every app, from sms to notes.

Understand that this will give you very little room to view what your typing, but would make typing much faster.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc View Post

this is a software issue and not a hardware one. it is obviously possible to flip the keyboard [as seen in safari] and i believe it should be an option in every app, from sms to notes.

Understand that this will give you very little room to view what your typing, but would make typing much faster.

typing is not necessarily faster in lanscape. Depends on the user. I've timed myself and I'm slower in landscape because of the longer distance to move my thumbs. Once I learned to trust the auto correction typing is very fast in portrait. YMMV.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by physguy View Post

typing is not necessarily faster in lanscape. Depends on the user. I've timed myself and I'm slower in landscape because of the longer distance to move my thumbs. Once I learned to trust the auto correction typing is very fast in portrait. YMMV.

I have the same experience. I type much faster in portrait mode than landscape mode for the same reasons. The "keys" are too far way in landscape mode.