Anyone else here using 'Reason 2.0'?

tiktik
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Wow is this program deep. I could lose several weeks of my life just messin' around with this program.

Anyway, I'd be happy to hear from anyone using it...as well as perhaps beginning an email dialogue regarding discoveries and help in learning Reason.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    i know the feeling...

i used reason for a year and reason 2 for a few months...

i am pretty experienced...but just with my styles...goa and avantronic

u better play around a few days before contacting me..cause i wont tell u how to use a knob

my aim id is [email protected]
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I use reason 2 on a weekly basis. It's a cool program but i usually only use the sounds in it if absolutely cant get them from my outboard gear first.

I'll probably use it more when ProTools comes out with Rewire 2 support in a few months (rewire links reason with other sequencers like cubase/logic ect.)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Reason 2.5 was announced at Musikmesse. I don't know if it's on the page yet but look for it!

New Reverb, Vocoder and Distortion functions.

Yup I just check Press Release is <a href="http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/reason25/frame.html"; target="_blank">here</a>

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: hmurchison ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 6
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Oh my f****** god!!!

FINALLY they've created the stuff I've been looking for, all those new machines were EXACTLY what I were hoping for! EXCATLY! Propellerheads must be mindreaders! damnit!

I've been using Reason for 10 months now, and Reason 2 since it was released last year, so I have some experience with it!

If you want to hear what i've produced, it's availiable in reason published format at <a href="http://www.reasonstation.net/users/usersng.phtml?user=10223"; target="_blank">my account onreasonstation.net</a>

A couple of mp3's there too, for other interested. Mostly melodic goa/zapchudic trance, and a great (really) ethnic psy-beat song

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: r-0X#Zapchud ]

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: r-0X#Zapchud ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 6
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    I've been using Reason 2 for a few months now also. Thanks for the link to the Reason 2.5 stuff, it looks great. One thing is still missing though: an arpeggiator. Why haven't they included one yet? Anyway, Reason is pretty fabulous. I've been doing all kinds of fun stuff with it.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    Can't you just use the matrix to get the benifits of an arpeggiator.

The 2.5 update looks nice, and its a free upgrade!

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: Ti Fighter ]</p>