OmniOutliner: Just found this app on my MBP. What the heck does it do?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is it a text editor of some kind? Does anybody use it and if so, what for?

Thanks to all who answer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    This app is amazing. It's exactly what it says. It does outlines. I use it to take notes in class. Very effective for me as I can organize my thoughts quickly and clearly on my computer.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Why don't you just google "OmniOutliner" and look at the first link that is the developer's website on this program and does a far better job of explaining what it does than we could?

That way you would have done your homework before asking the question.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

Why don't you just google "OmniOutliner" and look at the first link that is the developer's website on this program and does a far better job of explaining what it does than we could?

I want to know how and in what way regular people use it. And I think you get a more realistic review of an item when you get feedback from users who have used it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I have a to-do list / information archive of sorts in OmniOutliner. Fully expanded it is 73 paper pages long. With an outliner it's as convenient to use as a short text file. It would be quite hard to manage with any other tool.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...

I use it to keep project specific to-do lists for work. I keep a couple going at any one time. quicker than a word or pages doc