Adobe CS3 Crashing

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm running a Macbook under OS 10.4.10 and recently Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS3 started to crash on opening. I've gone through repairing all the permissions, dumping the preferences and re-installing the software. Still no luck. I had read that there may have been something in the most recent Apple update that may have caused a problem. I have not been able to check the Adobe forums since they have been down the past few days.

Is anyone else experiencing this at all? And what have you done to get around it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bowermanmatt View Post

I'm running a Macbook under OS 10.4.10 and recently Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS3 started to crash on opening. I've gone through repairing all the permissions, dumping the preferences and re-installing the software. Still no luck. I had read that there may have been something in the most recent Apple update that may have caused a problem. I have not been able to check the Adobe forums since they have been down the past few days.

Is anyone else experiencing this at all? And what have you done to get around it?

I have a MacBook Core 2 Duo with 1 GB RAM and all updates installed and I'm not having any CS3 problems. When you say that you dumped the preferences does that mean you deleted the Illustrator and Photoshop preferences?