high pitched squeal on new imac?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
hey all,

just noticed in the last few days an intermittent high-pitched squeal coming out of my new imac. it's possible to stop it by playing some music through itunes, for instance but i'm not totally sure what's causing it.

has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Can't say it's happend to me. I'm using external speakers for the iMac though.

Is the sound coming from the speakers, or from inside the iMac? If the sound stops after playing music in iTunes then it could be a software issue.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yama View Post

Can't say it's happend to me. I'm using external speakers for the iMac though.

Is the sound coming from the speakers, or from inside the iMac? If the sound stops after playing music in iTunes then it could be a software issue.

i'm running external monitors from the audio out jack. can't say more than that about the issue at the moment
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I've also noticed this problem on mine. I am using external speakers as well. Sometimes it'll do it after audio has been played. It's quite odd.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostshadow View Post

I've also noticed this problem on mine. I am using external speakers as well. Sometimes it'll do it after audio has been played. It's quite odd.

yes, i'm definitely noticing it today...