MacBook Pro - Internet Problems and more...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay, so I have a couple of problems I wanted a second opinion on...

1) I have a my home wireless network set up to run from a D-Link Modem through a D-Link wireless G router. I have an iMac connected to the router via ehternet and the iPhone, MBP and Wii connected through the wireless. For some reason, certain sites don't like to come up a lot of the time when I'm running off my home network ... Ars Technica is a big one, and any downloads hosted at Cachefly ... like Adium won't connect. If I go to work or to a friend's apartment and use the wireless there, then no problem ... it downloads fine. I don't think my provider is blocking access to those sites inadvertently because Ars will come up once in a blue moon, usually after I've been on it somewhere else. Any ideas what might be going on here???

2) I've heard a very loud buzz sound come from my MBP about 4 times since I bought it about 6 weeks ago. These have all happened when I've been running Civ IV after having used the computer for a while before that. Is this a heat alarm ... or some other ominous tone? It lasts about half a second, but it's loud as crap and completely startling...

3) I notice that every once and a while when opening and closing the MBP, I'll see grey bars run across the screen ... is this normal? I wouldn't think so, but this is the first laptop I've had since a PowerBook 100 a very long time ago. I thought maybe logic board or video card, but I'm not sure...

Insight on any or all of these would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch...

Chris-