iTunes - Usability issues

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey there,

I've been a happy user of iTunes for Windowss for quite some time.

However, there are still some usability issues I experience with iTunes that make me occasionaly switch to Winamp or even Windows Media player for certain circumstances.

A basic situation is that I'm browsing my HD and interested in quickly creating a song playlist (not via iTunes, but just by browsing my actual HD. The songs may even not be part of my iTunes library). With Winamp/WMP I would just right click the song and choose "Enqueue in Winamp"/"Add to WMP play list".

Is there a way to easily do that in iTunes?

BTW:

Does anyone know what is the meaning of the "Copy to Play Order" option when right clicking one of the iTunes play-lists?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    If you rearrange a playlist in iTunes, and want that order to be reflected on the iPod, use the "Copy to Play Order" feature.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    lirandlirand Posts: 174member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

If you rearrange a playlist in iTunes, and want that order to be reflected on the iPod, use the "Copy to Play Order" feature.

Why wouldn't it be reflected on my iPod? It is supposed to sync my playlists anyway...

No luck about my first question?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Apple may assume you might want a different playlist order (for whatever reason). iTunes is designed for the user to do everything within the application, but it's very possible you could find an Automator action to do what you want. Never mind, you're a Windows user. We're all Mac heads here.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lirand View Post

A basic situation is that I'm browsing my HD and interested in quickly creating a song playlist (not via iTunes, but just by browsing my actual HD. The songs may even not be part of my iTunes library). With Winamp/WMP I would just right click the song and choose "Enqueue in Winamp"/"Add to WMP play list".

Is there a way to easily do that in iTunes?

Not that I know of.

Why do you have music on your computer that's not in iTunes? And why would you want to browse your hard-drive for music when it's nicely organised in iTunes?

If you haven't noticed, press Ctrl-B to show the browser in iTunes -- it sorts everything nicely by Genre - Artist - Album. Since I began using iTunes two years ago, I have never wanted to browse my music library in explorer. My suggestion: just let go and enjoy iTunes. But get your music loaded into iTunes properly -- not having your music there just doesn't make sense.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Apple may assume you might want a different playlist order (for whatever reason). iTunes is designed for the user to do everything within the application, but it's very possible you could find an Automator action to do what you want. Never mind, you're a Windows user. We're all Mac heads here.

Not all of us -- not yet...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    kennywrxkennywrx Posts: 141member
    True... not everyone is a Mac user here yet.