got my macbook pro :D

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
yup, finally got it, infact i'm using it right now to type this message. it's freaking hot. literally. lol. but it's not too hot to put on your lap i believe. i would say that it gets hot because the aluminum acts as a better conducter for the heat rather than plastic used in other laptops which don't conduct heat as fast. other than the heat, i love this thing. i opened it up and bam i was flabergasted. the keyboard is so smooth and it's so beatiful. i have installed adium, crossover, steam and am about to finish installing cs . after that i will install skype finish ripping my cd's to itunes. wish me luck with my sexy computer

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Must-have programs for a mac notebook:

SMCFanControl (or similar program)

gmail notifier (only if you use gmail I guess)

insomniaX (If you're careful with this one it is very nice, but be sure not to let it overheat when closed...)

And Congrats... It's a fun machine.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Must-have programs for a mac notebook:

SMCFanControl (or similar program)

gmail notifier (only if you use gmail I guess)

insomniaX (If you're careful with this one it is very nice, but be sure not to let it overheat when closed...)

And Congrats... It's a fun machine.

when i try to install SMCFanControl it says that my machine is unsuported? yet it says that it runs on all intel macbook pro's. wtf mate.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Ahhh... I warned you about the the Core Duos, didn't I? Told you to get the Core 2 ...Glad you are happy with it nonetheless. Enjoy!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Ahhh... I warned you about the the Core Duos, didn't I? Told you to get the Core 2 ...Glad you are happy with it nonetheless. Enjoy!

i believe you have mistaken me for someone else. i have a core 2 duo one. i bought it bran spanking new from the apple store online. 2.2 ghz intel core 2 duo.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

when i try to install SMCFanControl it says that my machine is unsuported? yet it says that it runs on all intel macbook pro's. wtf mate.

Are you sure you downloaded the right version? 2.1, not 1.22.

Try it from here.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Are you sure you downloaded the right version? 2.1, not 1.22.

Try it from here.

worked thanks. if my computer gets too hot, how to i make the fan faster? do i just adjust the rpm's? when i adjust the minium rpm's the fan doesnt change. am i doing something wrong?

edit: never mind, it just requred a restart. thanks.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Hi guys,

I also got a brand spanking new 17", 2,4Ghz MacBookPro, Airport Extreme, and a fast 500GB LaCie HD, since Saturday, and am sofar very happy with it. Transferring my data and installed apps from my old Mac was a breeze. And its really fast fast!

SMCFanControl 1.22 doesn't function on my new machine though. Anybody know any alternatives?

Though data transfer via FireWire from my old iMac worked like a charm, the old iMac does not appear as a harddisk in the MacBookPro's Finder... Isn't it supposed to?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Hi guys,

I also got a brand spanking new 17", 2,4Ghz MacBookPro, Airport Extreme, and a fast 500GB LaCie HD, since Saturday, and am sofar very happy with it. Transferring my data and installed apps from my old Mac was a breeze. And its really fast fast!

SMCFanControl 1.22 doesn't function on my new machine though. Anybody know any alternatives?

Though data transfer via FireWire from my old iMac worked like a charm, the old iMac does not appear as a harddisk in the MacBookPro's Finder... Isn't it supposed to?

there is a new version of the smc. he gave a link to it above. use it it will work.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Congrats on your new MacBook Pros! In view of the numerous posts relating problems with the screens on them, how are your new screens? Do any of you see the yellowing on the bottom 1/3 of the screen when viewed from a normal front-on position? In other words not when you tilt or turn the screen away from the normal position, but just from the straight on view? Perhaps Apple has solved this problem?

I'm still waiting to order, and really hope this problem is history, soon!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrblu View Post

Congrats on your new MacBook Pros! In view of the numerous posts relating problems with the screens on them, how are your new screens? Do any of you see the yellowing on the bottom 1/3 of the screen when viewed from a normal front-on position? In other words not when you tilt or turn the screen away from the normal position, but just from the straight on view? Perhaps Apple has solved this problem?

I'm still waiting to order, and really hope this problem is history, soon!

i never even heard of that problem. and no my laptop doesn't have yellowing. order now