Verizon Attempts iPhone Murder!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 14
    ajayajay Posts: 117member
    the other day, i was returning home from work and a guy standing ahead of me, in the bus, had something that appeared to be this.

    don't remember what network it was on - the phone did have a pretty cool UI and some nifty graphics. in fact even a touch-screen QWERTY keyboard input like the iphone, but i guess smaller.

    looks like everyone who was whining about the touchscreen-alphanumeric input in the iphone have suddenly wizened up!

    looks like the iphone HAS redefined industry standards after all - apparent by more and more features being "borrowed" by other handset manufacturers!
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Quote:





    Wow.. that is one mighty ugly phone.



    Never been a verizon fan.. tried them once and I had 4 different bills in 4 months none of them anywhere near correct and I dumped them (and paid the cancelation fee).. I don't think styling a phone similar to an iphone is going to make people move away.. maybe just make more competition within their own device range.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    I don't know about you guys but I'm happy with the iPhone ;-)











    Hey.....its an APPLE
  • Reply 4 of 14
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Haha! Classic quote from Mike Lanman. It amazes me that people are still willing to predict Apple's doom with such conviction.



    Seems like most people who have attempted to do so in the past have had to eat their words just months later.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    akacakac Posts: 510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajay View Post


    the other day, i was returning home from work and a guy standing ahead of me, in the bus, had something that appeared to be this.

    don't remember what network it was on - the phone did have a pretty cool UI and some nifty graphics. in fact even a touch-screen QWERTY keyboard input like the iphone, but i guess smaller.

    looks like everyone who was whining about the touchscreen-alphanumeric input in the iphone have suddenly wizened up!

    looks like the iphone HAS redefined industry standards after all - apparent by more and more features being "borrowed" by other handset manufacturers!



    Just to note - that's a WinMobile device and they have had touch screen keyboards for the last 7 years. One that were similar to the iPhone's for the last 3-4 years (Resco Keyboard comes to mind). The issue is the same as the iPhone's - people just preferred the real keyboards.



    I have both an iPhone and multiple WinMobile devices. It depends on how much typing I do, but if its a lot I prefer a real keyboard.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 29,509member
    I already know that Apple will eventually offer a keyed version of the iPhone for the following reasons:



    - It's impossible to operate the iPhone by touch alone (if your phone is in your coat pocket or backpack, etc.) to answer calls or perform simple dialing operations without looking.



    - The odds of miskeying entries is far greater without the feedback from a physical key. Why else would error correction be such an important part of the iPhone software?



    - The iPhone requires more visual attention than other phones. Accidents will happen, and more lawsuits will be brought and won against Apple.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    ajayajay Posts: 117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akac View Post


    Just to note - that's a WinMobile device and they have had touch screen keyboards for the last 7 years. One that were similar to the iPhone's for the last 3-4 years (Resco Keyboard comes to mind).



    thanks for the clarification! i stand corrected!
  • Reply 8 of 14
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    But then again with touch keys--they can be changed with software to enable other functions--



    Like who knows what one would want on their phone in the future--like 6 months from now--assuming phone life of 18 months or so. 18 months for a $400 phone--is this a consumer society or what.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    beleybeley Posts: 30member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    I already know that Apple will eventually offer a keyed version of the iPhone for the following reasons:



    - It's impossible to operate the iPhone by touch alone (if your phone is in your coat pocket or backpack, etc.) to answer calls or perform simple dialing operations without looking.



    - The odds of miskeying entries is far greater without the feedback from a physical key. Why else would error correction be such an important part of the iPhone software?



    - The iPhone requires more visual attention than other phones. Accidents will happen, and more lawsuits will be brought and won against Apple.



    You're wrong -- Apple won't introduce another version of the iPhone with a keyboard. It fills a niche and it's doing a pretty darned good job at it.



    It does require you to actually look at the phone to use... but not to answer a call. If you have a bluetooth or wired headset you can simply push a button on the headset to answer and end a call.



    Accidents will happen but it has absolutely nothing to do with the phone -- it's because people are morons and try to text message and drive at the same time. That is not Apple's fault any more than it would be if someone sued Taco Bell because it's dangerous to eat Nachos and drive at the same time.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beley View Post


    Accidents will happen but it has absolutely nothing to do with the phone -- it's because people are morons and try to text message and drive at the same time. That is not Apple's fault any more than it would be if someone sued Taco Bell because it's dangerous to eat Nachos and drive at the same time.



    word.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    The only hope that Verizon has of "killing" the iPhone is if they give up their business model of "bone the customer for every last nickel we can"



    When my contract is up in a year, I am ditching and getting the iPhone.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    cloning != killing



    Everyone tries to be like Apple. Face it, they don't even compare. Anyone see Gateway's new ONE computer. Trying to look like an iMac. What a joke. AAPL to the moon!
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kkehler View Post


    cloning != killing



    Everyone tries to be like Apple. Face it, they don't even compare. Anyone see Gateway's new ONE computer. Trying to look like an iMac. What a joke. AAPL to the moon!



    HAHA and the Zoom? What a joke. So many companies try getting into the Apple market and can't keep up.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,294member
    How could that shitty OS even be a cousin to the iPhone. The iPhone is King, unlucky Version. Take your FUD and go shove it.
Sign In or Register to comment.