Got a new mouse ...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I got a new mouse. It's a logitech Pilot optical mouse. I plugged it in and it seemed a little sluggish and glitchy so i decided i'd download the driver for it. i downloaded the driver and installed it and after i installed it the mouse was terribly glitchy skipping across the screen. the track pad was doing this as well. after i rebooted because i was promted to by the logitech set up screen and then i had a long reboot. ( at least longer than usual) the mouse was still glitchy like before i restarted so i uninstalled the driver and restarted. the mouse was back to the same as when i first plugged it in now. little glitchy but not too bad. then once again i installed the driver and restarted and everything seemed to be fine. does anyone know why this happened?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Is this one of those "What color are the bus driver's eyes?" riddles?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by details View Post

Is this one of those "What color are the bus driver's eyes?" riddles?

i unno D:
  • Reply 3 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

I got a new mouse. It's a logitech Pilot optical mouse. I plugged it in and it seemed a little sluggish and glitchy so i decided i'd download the driver for it. i downloaded the driver and installed it and after i installed it the mouse was terribly glitchy skipping across the screen. the track pad was doing this as well. after i rebooted because i was promted to by the logitech set up screen and then i had a long reboot. ( at least longer than usual) the mouse was still glitchy like before i restarted so i uninstalled the driver and restarted. the mouse was back to the same as when i first plugged it in now. little glitchy but not too bad. then once again i installed the driver and restarted and everything seemed to be fine. does anyone know why this happened?

Yes, Locitech makes great mice but their Mac drivers are Janky at best! I voted hazel.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    I have a Logitech MX 700 rechargeable and a VX Revolution cordless laser for notebooks. Both work well without any problems.

Dark hazel, Ireland. Almost brown.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

then once again i installed the driver and restarted and everything seemed to be fine. does anyone know why this happened?

Software interaction can have unpredictable side effects. This is particularly true with software under OS X that needs installation in the proper sense of the term, so that it can access specific hardware components. Like the mouse drivers.

This is about the nature of these problems. Now about the specifics, the others have already answered.