Mouse question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi

I'm due to buy a new iMac (when leopard arrives!) and it will my first apple.

I've read reports that the wirelss mightly mouse is not very good. My question is regarding whether a usb/cordless mouse is better than a bluetooth mouse? (I've heard BT mice are slower than usb ones)

Also would the operating system allow me to choose which mouse buttons do what or would I have to rely on the software that comes with the mouse?

Regards

Raj

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wicked666 View Post

Hi

I'm due to buy a new iMac (when leopard arrives!) and it will my first apple.

I've read reports that the wirelss mightly mouse is not very good. My question is regarding whether a usb/cordless mouse is better than a bluetooth mouse? (I've heard BT mice are slower than usb ones)

Also would the operating system allow me to choose which mouse buttons do what or would I have to rely on the software that comes with the mouse?

Regards

Raj

yesterday i got a new mouse. it's the worst logitech mouse. i just wanted a regular usb optical mouse. it works both ways, you install the driver and you control the mouse functions through that software. you control the speed through the apple preferences. i'm not sure if blue tooth mice are slower, but apparently there are more problems with them. the signal might not be strong enough and will disconnect. if you read the apple comments on the wireless mighty mouse it's really a win/lose situation. some mice are wonderful and others just suck.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

yesterday i got a new mouse. it's the worst logitech mouse. i just wanted a regular usb optical mouse. it works both ways, you install the driver and you control the mouse functions through that software. you control the speed through the apple preferences. i'm not sure if blue tooth mice are slower, but apparently there are more problems with them. the signal might not be strong enough and will disconnect. if you read the apple comments on the wireless mighty mouse it's really a win/lose situation. some mice are wonderful and others just suck.

What kind of mouse did you get anyway?

I've never had bad luck with my Logitechs...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smax View Post

What kind of mouse did you get anyway?

I've never had bad luck with my Logitechs...

it's the logitech pilot optical mouse. It works fine now. But when i first plugged it in it was a little glitchy so i decided to install the driver. then i installed the driver and both the trackpad and mouse were lagging all over the place. then i restarted and it was still doing the same so i uninstalled it and then restarted then re installed it and it worked fine.