iPhone "heat" evaporating?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
is it just me or is the "heat" from all that the iPhone could be or do diminishing? Even as I view the threads the enthusiam seems to be flat. It is possible to have a device. and or a purchase and be excited about it for quite a while. I wonder if some hard fought realities are settling in! I think Apple may have used up a lot of "goodwill" on the iPhone. Lets face it, the company makes some great products but lately the managing of it all seems unsure as respects the iPhone. Could this segment be a little too competitive?

I still pull for Apple but I am still underwhelmed by all but how cool the user interface is. I also suffer from believing the device was headed down the "smartphone" path and I think it carved out a new channel which might best be defined as "mobile entertainment". It makes one wonder if the true intent of introducing the iphone was a defensive strategy against phone companies encroaching on IPOD sales or are they really intent of trying to win the smartphone category? Currently it seems the iPhone is a tad pregnant but has not fully delivered yet. Please make the next upgrade something to bring back the excitement!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    I'd say give it time. You'd be surprised what Apple can accomplish in a couple years. Afterall, the success of the iPod didn't happen overnight either. In my opinion though, the iPhone is well on its way.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    nevenneven Posts: 54member
    I see your point, but here's another way to look at it: as someone who bought an iPhone on June 30 and who has a long, long wishlist of features I'd like to see on it, my attitude toward my iPhone can best be described as, "it just works." No, seriously.

No other phone I've had synced and provided my email, calendar, and the web so smoothly and effortlessly. No other phone was also my iPod. I never used the camera or picture app on any other phone.

iPhone goes from a drool-inducing fetish object to an appendage quickly, but just because you don't rave about an appendage every day doesn't mean that you would part with it gladly.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    good insights guys.... Lets hope we all look back in a year and have insanely happy.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Perhaps its that now x months down the line, Steve Jobs hype has all but dissapeard and whilst more feature packed phones are being announced and released you can only look on the iphone for what it really is.

A one trick poney phone with otherwise severley outdated features.