Finally The Apple Component AV Cable For iPod Classics

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Anyone go out and buy one? I am ripping my DVD collection and would like to play them on my iPhone/iPod and then hook it up to my TV and would be curious about the quality

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

Anyone go out and buy one? I am ripping my DVD collection and would like to play them on my iPhone/iPod and then hook it up to my TV and would be curious about the quality

Mine arrived from Apple 10 days ago. At first I wasn't too thrilled with it, but with the recent firmware update, the video quality is very good. It's only going to bet better.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    It does everything the old ipod ones did... I was hoping for more.

Wishlist

1. Exporting out everything on the iphone screen to the tv for training purposes.

2. Exporting out onto the screen email attachments why no powerpoint or keynote support yet either? (making it a portable presenter)

3. Exporting out progressive video. I don't understand why the nano and classic output 480p but the touch and iphone do 480i.

Other than that it works as intended.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Mine arrived from Apple 10 days ago. At first I wasn't too thrilled with it, but with the recent firmware update, the video quality is very good. It's only going to bet better.

And you're using it with an iPod Classic or iPhone?

I was told by Apple that the new cable will increase the quality...also was it something you downloaded from iTunes or did you rip it yourself?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post

It does everything the old ipod ones did... I was hoping for more.

Wishlist

1. Exporting out everything on the iphone screen to the tv for training purposes.

2. Exporting out onto the screen email attachments why no powerpoint or keynote support yet either? (making it a portable presenter)

3. Exporting out progressive video. I don't understand why the nano and classic output 480p but the touch and iphone do 480i.

Other than that it works as intended.

I second your wish list!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

And you're using it with an iPod Classic or iPhone?

I was told by Apple that the new cable will increase the quality...also was it something you downloaded from iTunes or did you rip it yourself?

Other than one two-minute test video, everything is from the iTunes Store. I'm using it with a 160GB classic.