Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I saw it on a Carracho server a few weeks ago, shouldn't it be out by now?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    What were it's benefits?

And wasn't the Security Update a 'prelude' to 10.1.1?
  • Reply 2 of 32
    "As previously noted, the 10.1.1 update delivers improvements for many USB and FireWire devices, including support for additional digital cameras, and overall improvements to CD burning. Enhancements have also been made to AFP, SMB, and WebDAV networking, as well as improved printing support. Mail and the Finder have been tweaked, and hardware-accelerated video mirroring has been enabled for the new PowerBook G4." /ThinkSecret

A friend of mine installed but didn't notice much of a difference in regards to overall system speed. But then again, that wasn't addressed either.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    I heard several places that the final 10.1.1 update will be a speedbooster as well. Lots of bug fixes too.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    well I read over at some fine mac board that you had downloaded it..

but not installed it..or something like that.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    I installed it and noticed no difference whatsoever... speedwise that is. Its not like I went out and tried to use WebDAV or anything...

Speed is all that matters to me right now though.
  • Reply 6 of 32
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    Well, they've been pushing this update out to developers at a nice pace (finally!). Seems like bug and compatibility fixes here; for speed you'll prolly have to wait till 10.2 for a major overhaul.

Does anyone here think they'll get 10.2 out by January or do you think it'll be another "preview", then shipping on March 28.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    [quote]I heard several places that the final 10.1.1 update will be a speedbooster as well.<hr></blockquote>

That's right... 10.1.1 is the build where Apple finally turns off the debug code.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 32
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>That's right... 10.1.1 is the build where Apple finally turns off the debug code. </strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL!
  • Reply 9 of 32
    What I'm wondering is when it will be out...
  • Reply 10 of 32
    I am sick of downloading versions of OS X off Carachho. I got like 5 biulds in beetween MacWorld and 10.1's releas. I am not going to bother for a small biuld like 10.1.1
  • Reply 11 of 32
    I haven't noticed any differences in features, and that damn Finder toolbar keeps popping up, but 10.1.1 is substantially more stable on my dual 800. With 10.1 I couldn't keep the system booted for more than a day without a kernel panic, but under 10.1.1 (5M26) I've only had one in the last week. It is certainly worth it for dual owners experiencing crashes.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    10.1.1 is solely a bug fix and hardware support release. Don't expect any speed improvements or new features to pop up with it.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Trekkie ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 32
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    A .01 release will have little speed improvements. This is more than likely a bug fix build.
  • Reply 14 of 32
    There are some nasty bugs in the pdf viewing software in 10.1. You can produce pdf's using TeXShop which, when you view them, cash you right out to the login in screen and then require a reboot before you can login in again.

Nasty if its a document you are working on :-(

These are supposed to be fixed in 10.1.1.

Michael
  • Reply 15 of 32
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    My CD Burner in an ADS Pyro Enclosure died under 10.1 / iTunes 2. I'm not sure if it's the burner or the OS doing it. Hopefully, 10.1.1 fixes that.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by NormPhillips:

<strong>What I'm wondering is when it will be out...</strong><hr></blockquote>

It was released internally at Apple yesterday together with the AirPort 2.0 update, which was released to the public a couple of hours ago, so I would expect to see 10.1.1 pretty soon.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: JLL ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 32
    when will 10.1.1 be released? does anyone know?
  • Reply 18 of 32
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by turbofan:

<strong>when will 10.1.1 be released? does anyone know?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's just been released.
  • Reply 19 of 32
    Woohoo! Updating now!
  • Reply 20 of 32
    what? no kidding? and i just got home from my office, leaving my firewire-hd w/ 10.1 back there (well, where it actually belongs!).

yeah... i also hope that this finally is the build with the debugging code removed, but if not, then i´ll REMOVE THAT STUPID CODE MYSELF!!!!! (guess i´ll boot into 9 and simply delete it out using the backspace key in SimpleText)