ichat or Instant Messaging on the iPod touch!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok...I KNOW its not possible yet....but this is the thing I want to be able to do the most on my ipod touch when i get one.

I heard Steve Jobs allude to the fact that they will offer Flash and Calander input and Email sometime in the future as a software download...and those are cool and I want em.

But I REALLY hope they include the ability to send instant messages either thru ichat, aol ims, or Yahoo instant messenger.

How friggin cool would THAT be?! Too cool.

If the ipod touch had something like that, I think EVERYONE would buy em....even those that weren't going to get the touch originally because they already have a 60 or 80 gig ipod that holds ALL their music.

Wifi is cool on the ipod touch. Don't get me wrong. Its like having a laptop in your pocket....almost.

All thats missing is the ability to send messages. This would be the app that would make the ipod touch the MUST have item on everyones wish list.

When do y'all think they'll do it? :-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    I'm assuming you'd like these features without having to hack the device, si?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

I'm assuming you'd like these features without having to hack the device, si?

that'd be preferable.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Flash is rumored to be in the works, Calendar entry is supposedly to be fixed in the next patch, and there are a handful of satisfactory web-based IM tools that work fine with the iPhone/iPod touch. Try meebo.com.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    BTW I JUST WANNA TELL REGAN THAT IPOD TOUCH HAS MESSENGER.

GO ONTO WWW.MEEBO.COM ON YOUR IPOD TOUCH THEN SIGN IN!!!!!

ITS THAT EASY!!!!!

YOU'LL THANK ME WHEN YOU'VE GOT 1!!!!
  • Reply 5 of 11

ITS THAT EASY!!!!!

• Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidgrem View Post

ITS THAT EASY!!!!!

do you really think it's wise to post your login details for hotmail etc on un unsecured 3rd party site?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    ajayajay Posts: 117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

do you really think it's wise to post your login details for hotmail etc on un unsecured 3rd party site?

meebo.com is safe.

gotten me thru' those days when chat programs (rather, their ports) were blocked by our proxy-server/firewall. so i've used meebo via my laptop without much issues.

right now i don't have the need for it though...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    We'll see iChat on the iPhone when Apple releases iChat 4.1 for Windows
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

the s in https:// is for secure.