Flagging Different Account Emails in Mail

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am still fairly new to OSX. I have had my MacBook Pro for about 6 months now and I love it, I like OSX and the applications that have come included with it, but there are some aspects that I am still having some trouble with.

I have used and am still using Outlook 2003 on my Windows based machines at home and at work, and I have several POP email accounts that are checked by Outlook 2003. When I get a new email in from one of the accounts there is a different color flag next to each message to show me which email account it came from. Is there a feature in Mail that would allow me to do that? If not, I also have Entourage, and the same question would be applied to that program.

Any help on this would be a big help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Not sure about Entourage, but in Mail just click the little arrow next to your Inbox to show a list of each email account. You can click on each account to view only the emails from that account.

Also, if you have the "Mailbox" column activated in the message list (View>Columns>Mailbox) you can see at a glance which email account, or Mailbox, the email came in on.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thank you for that information, it helped a lot.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebh5348 View Post

When I get a new email in from one of the accounts there is a different color flag next to each message to show me which email account it came from.

Any help on this would be a big help.

Thanks.

If the color system worked well for you, you can set "Rules" to apply a certain color label based on certain criteria from the mail message, in this case to which account the email was directed. Go to Preferences>Rules. All messages from then on will be color labeled as they enter your inbox. You can select all of the mail in your inbox, right-click, and select "Apply Rules to selected messages" to color code all of the mail that has arrived in your inbox in the past as well.

Just another option, this time using color.