Bromine + Chlorine + Phthalates = iBrick

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Greenpeace hangs up on the iPhone.

I guess Apple has only two options:

EVOLVE

or

DIE

There are many crappy companies, and Apple seem to be looking to join the list . Right now they are special and cool, and viral advertisement works like a charm ... BUT! all this may change very fast.

Hopefully, they will pull heads out of a$$e$ soon enough.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    If Greenpeace wants to dictate to Apple, they should become a major stock holder in the company. Greenpeace's environmental record isn't perfect either.

Here's some information about one of it's founders.

Patrick Moore was one of a dozen or so activists who founded Greenpeace in the basement of a Unitarian Church in Vancouver. Within 7 years, the organization had footholds in over two dozen countries and a $100 million budget. As eco-activists in general found themselves suddenly invited into the meeting-places of business and government, Greenpeace made the decision to take even more extreme positions, rather than being drawn in to collaboration with their former enemies.

Moore broke with his comrades during this period, and has emerged as an articulate critic of his former brainchild. Referring to Greenpeace?s ?eco-extremism? in March 2000, he described the group in Oregon Wheat magazine as ?Anti-human?; ?antitechnology and anti-science?; ?Anti-organization? and ?pro-anarchy?; ?anti-trade?; ?anti-free-enterprise?; ?anti-democratic?; and ?basically anti-civilization.?

Writing in Canada?s National Post in October 2001, Patrick Moore offered the following critique: ?I had no idea that after I left in 1986 they would evolve into a band of scientific illiterates?. Clearly, my former Greenpeace colleagues are either not reading the morning paper or simply don't care about the truth.?

http://www.activistcash.com/organiza...ew.cfm/oid/131
  • Reply 2 of 3
    100mph100mph Posts: 256member
    Apple uses cancer causing chemicals.

GP is only a messenger … just like these people:

http://www.healthycar.org

http://www.ewg.org/tools

If Peach continues this (stupid, stubborn and unnecessary) practice I personally may:

1.\tGet back to Windows XP

2.\tSell their stock

3.\tStop recommending their products to friends and coworkers

4. Add Apple to my $hit list

Cheers!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    Quote:

The group said the iPhone, which Apple introduced earlier this year amid considerable hype, contains chlorinated plastic polyvinyl chloride and "brominated flame retardants" that can be harmful to the environment.

"chlorinated plastic polyvinyl chloride" is PVC, and they make intravenous (IV) bags and medical tubing from it. No reports of adverse human health effects have been reported.

"brominated flame retardants" is a product designation that many different chemicals are grouped under. Without more information (that hasn't been communicated, apparently) the toxicity can't be evaluated.

Here's more on the subject of brominated flame retardants. I'd say there's more problem with the carpet in your home than the components of the iPhone though.

AND I'd say the "smoke and mirrors" surrounding this is more harmful than the chemicals involved, at the levels they're present in the device.

I'm of the opinion that there's little or no merit in the report from GP.