Leopard: To Amazon or to Apple?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I would like to know what everybody thinks about pre-ordering from Apple or Amazon.

I mean both have their advantages and disadvantages

Apple Price: $116 (I have student discount , even though its less...)

Amazon Price: $109

Both are free shipping.

With Apple, you're ordering it directly from them, while Amazon, you have to go through someone else, which seems worse to me...

Is 7 dollars worth going w/ Amazon, or does the Apple 'touch' out way it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tkelly View Post

I would like to know what everybody thinks about pre-ordering from Apple or Amazon.

I mean both have their advantages and disadvantages

Apple Price: $116 (I have student discount , even though its less...)

Amazon Price: $109

Both are free shipping.

With Apple, you're ordering it directly from them, while Amazon, you have to go through someone else, which seems worse to me...

Is 7 dollars worth going w/ Amazon, or does the Apple 'touch' out way it?

"weigh"

You're not debating whether to buy an album from the band at a show or to pick it up at Walmart. Apple and Amazon are both equally greedy corporations, so go with the cheaper one. I don't know why you would afford Apple any more respect than Amazon (other than the fact that Apple makes great computers).
  • Reply 2 of 7
    i'd get it straight from apple. just because you'd get it straight from apple.. haha

but personally, i'm buying it from my school's tech store, 70 bucks ftw, and they'll have it day 1 too
  • Reply 3 of 7
    If I could, I would buy it from my Uni, but the only Mac software they sell is Office 2004. So I went to Apple and they charge about $10 worth of taxes on it (in the education store), which completely voids the purpose of free shipping. So I went to Amazon and paid about $4 for standard shipping with no tax. I saved about $10. Any way you slice it, Amazon is really the best price I've found outside of Uni. prices.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    What the hell happened to the student discount? Maybe this is old news. But wasn't it always $69! That sucks! Just to spite Apple, and to save six bucks, I'm going with Amazon.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Are you retarded? $109 is less than $116, and the product is identical.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Well, was 7 dollars worth waiting this long... It still hasn't even shipped from Amazon.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Are you retarded? $109 is less than $116, and the product is identical.

Haha!