at odds with my macbook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok, so I'm in a really tight spot right now. I was in a real need for a new laptop, so one day I just went out and bought one. That was two weeks ago today, and in one week they are going to be launching leopard. Along with leopard, there are rumors that they are going to be releasing a new laptop. Now, I would hate to be outdated 3 weeks after I bought a BRAND new laptop. So, I guess I'm just wondering if anyone would have some advice me. There are a few different options, take it back today and lose the 10% on the restocking fee, or I could keep it, wait the week, see if something new is released and sell it on ebay, if the computer is worth upgrading for. Or, I could plead with apple that I just bought the dang thing 3 weeks ago and see if they will work something out for me, but I'm sure millions of people have done the same thing, so I'm sure that won't work out so well for me

but do any of you wise folks out there have any ideas for me?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    If it's anything like the last Macbook update you'll have nothing to worry about.

I can't really see the two releases coinciding - that hardly ever happens these days. Apple are so slow to update products that they generally pad them out a bit.

I can't really see where they can go with it to be honest short of a case redesign and Santa Rosa but that would be a rather weak update and should have been done a while ago.

A metal enclosure would be really nice though. It's a tricky situation to be in but I'd probably just use the machine and see what comes along. I'd hate to pay the restocking fee and then find that the new Macbook looks like the iMac. If it's a good enough product, wait until nearer Christmas to sell your current one and then get the new model.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    A macBook design change would be more likely to occur when a new processor comes out.

If you bought the macbook after 1st Oct, you're good for a free upgrade to Leopard.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Your MacBook Core2Duo is fine. Just get 2 gig RAM total and you'll be sweet. As poster mentioned, you may have free upgrade to Leopard.